Friday, June 17, 2011

Happy Father's Day

Isn't this the cutest picture of father and son? The Bible says,

"Train a child in the way he should go and when he is old, he will not turn from it." Psalm 22:6

The first part of this verse is harder than it seems sometimes. How do you "train a child" who is determined (as we all are) to mark out his own path and to have it his own way? With baby steps, I suppose. That's what I love about this picture...Adam isn't dragging Levi down the path but rather gently guiding him in the way he should go.


To my husband,
I always knew you would make an amazing father, but you have still managed to exceed my expectations. I love that you can't wait to pull in the driveway to greet your son. I love that you read the Bible to him and teach him to pray. And I love that you get down on the floor to wrestle Levi even though I worry sometimes you might break him. :) Our son will strive to be just like you and that gives me peace because you are a kind, gentle, and godly man who practices what he preaches. Thank you for guiding our family in the way we should go. Happy Father's Day! I love you!
.
.

1 comment:

  1. just saw the video and this photo and my hearts bursts w/pride. You are a wonderful little family. I am blessed to be Grandma....

    ReplyDelete