Monday, May 2, 2011

A Tribute to Two Mothers











Mother's Day is quickly approaching....a day to celebrate motherhood and all the women who have impacted our lives in a special way. My own mother, grandmothers, and mother-in-law have taught me a lifetime of valuable lessons, and for that, I am grateful.





This holiday, I find myself especially thankful to the women who significantly impacted my son's life before he ever came home to his forever family.




The first is Levi's birth mom. I will be eternally indebted to this young woman who chose life for her unborn baby, even if it meant hardship and embarrassment for her and her family. Someday, I hope we can meet this courageous woman and share our gratitude personally.




The second is Levi's foster mom who cared for him the first 14 months of his life. It takes an angel, in my opinion, to take in a precious newborn baby and shower him with love and attention for over one year knowing full and well he would leave you someday. Wow! That is the epitome of selfless love. Our son came to us as a smiling, giggly, healthy, well adjusted, and smart individual. This was no accident. Instead, it was the result of a lot of prayer and the work of an angel thousands of miles away who poured her heart into him for many months. God bless you Ms. Kwon!






Happy Mother's Day from one grateful mama to another!

2 comments:

  1. What a heartfelt tribute Brandi. I do hope you can meet Levi's birth mother some day. In the meantime, you will be helping him to become the man the Lord has called him to be. Many blessings to you on your first Mother's Day. Love, Grandma K

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is such a little sweetheart! I hope this is the most blessed mother's day ever! Happy Mother's Day Brandi to someone who truly deserves it! God Bless! <3 Kassidy

    ReplyDelete